gMap is licensed under Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0 license. In short:
You're allowed to use, copy, distribute, transmit and to adapt - as long as you attribute the work.
If you alter, modify or build upon this sourcecode, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same, similar or compatible license.
gMap is available in two versions: compressed (minified, to be precise) and uncompressed. The uncompressed version is intended for developers and a bit larger in filesize. If you don't plan to alter the source code or modify gMap default behaviour I suggest downloading the compressed version.Go to github and get fresh gmap!
- fixAfterResize - fixing issues with loading gMaps in tabs
- changeSettings - works with most of initial options
- mapclick(callback) - bind for map click event
- geocode(address, callback) - shorthand for geocoding
- draggable markers (thanks to theMarvin)
- zoom: ‘fit’ – calculating optimal zoom level for markers
- latitude/longitude: ‘fit’ – calculating optimal map center for markers
- keys for markers and functions like getMarker(key)
- setCenter – set marker key to center map on
- getRoute (thanks to theMarvin)
- setZoom (thanks to theMarvin)
- .data() - access to markers, google.map and others
- onComplete - useful when using geocoding
- singleInfoWindow - useful popup option
- addMarker - adding markers after initial load
- removeAllMarkers - clearing markers from map
- marker shadows are back (thanks to Gerty Engrie from www.district01.be)
- code rewritten (almost) from scratch
3.0.1 – markers html is no longer title
Putting any html in html marker property was breaking title (displayed on mouseover). Since this version independent title property is introduced.
3.0.0 – Google Maps API V3 version
It's a fork of 1.1.0 version. Further versions of 1.x tree (if any appear) will be independent and available at old gMap site
Please refer to documentation and migration guide for more information.
1.1.0 – Geocoding and references
You can now use the "address" property to specify a marker or even center the map. The marker's "html" can now refer to the address or latitude/longitude using "_address" or "_latlng" as string. Please refer to the documentation for more details and see the updated examples page.
1.0.4 – Array handling
Now using jQuery's $.isArray() method instead of self written one, minor improvements.
1.0.3 – Bugfix release
Fixed a bug where custom marker images could revert back to global marker image.
1.0.2 – Custom marker images
Added option to define custom images per marker. The global "icon" property is now available for each marker too. Please refer to the documentation for more details.
1.0.1 – Bugfix release
Added options to set map type and customize prepending and appending HTML string for info window upon request. Please refer to the documentation for more details. Thanks to all people who mailed me regarding feature requests and bugfixes. Expect more updates soon!
1.0.0 Initial release